Rebrain treats neurodegenerative diseases
RebrAIn offers a precise targeting technology for Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS). This is achieved through an algorithm based on Artificial Intelligence and a collaborative health data registry. With this innovative technology, developed to effectively identify the areas of the brain to be treated, ReBrain simplifies and standardizes DBS by reducing the risks and making it less traumatic, thus allowing more patients worldwide to be treated.
Testimony of François
Rebrain, a Bordeaux French Tech startup with global ambitions!
The inverse problem allows the mathematical expression of the position of the electrodes by artificial intelligence
Determining the optimal position of brain targets in deep brain stimulation (DBS) procedures remains controversial. It is therefore difficult to solve the following problem: correlating the result obtained with the stimulation from a preoperative clinical state, a target to be reached to obtain a good result and the precise location of the implanted electrodes. From a mathematical point of view, when it is difficult to solve this type of direct problem, it is possible to find a solution by considering the inverse problem.
- By first identifying patients with a good clinical result after DBS.
- By correlating the active contacts of the implanted electrodes with landmarks around these contacts that can be easily visualized on a 1.5T MRI.
- By calculating the location of the active contacts by their distance from each landmark.
- By producing a mathematical metamodel based on artificial intelligence that expresses the position of the active and clinically effective contacts as a function of the position of these MRI landmarks.
- Finally by applying this metamodel to new patients to predict the actual location of active contacts by identifying MRI landmarks.
From facial recognition to brain recognition
Starting from a T1, 1.5 T MRI without injection, the OptimDBS software re-axes the MRI then recognizes 18 remarkable points per side in a semi-automatic way and soon fully automatic. After having “recognized” the brain as facial recognition systems recognize faces, it is then possible to apply the mathematical metamodel based on artificial intelligence which predicts the targets and marks them on the MRI. It is this MRI, marked with effective targets, that is sent back to the centers that care for the patient and will guide the surgeon to implant the electrode.
A health data registry to further the learning of artificial intelligence
An innovative and attractive registry
To create this participatory ecosystem, the registry:
- Must be attractive to both patient and doctor.
- It cannot be a simple repository of health data.
- It must allow the doctor to follow his patients.
- It must allow the patient to directly enter his health data and generate alerts in case of difficulties.
The blockchain is a transparent, tamper-proof technical solution that respects confidentiality, manages access rights and identities, and puts the patient and their doctor at the heart of innovation by eliminating trusted third parties.
ReBrain aims to simplify & standardize DBS & thus treat more patients worldwide.
Become an actor in medical innovation!
Beyond the financial aspect, we are looking for investors who believe in our innovation and its positive impact in the advancement against neurodegenerative diseases. Investing in ReBrain means joining its ecosystem and participating in medical breakthroughs and patients’ well-being.
To find out more about the financial and commercial aspects of the startup, the project’s technological innovation, the opportunities at stake and the global market size, we invite you to contact us so that we can present you our strategy.